- DOB: 3rd October 1997
- City: Mumbai
- Attribute – Right-Handed Top Order Batsman & Right Arm Leg-Spin
- School & College Name: Bombay Scottish School Powai, & Rizvi college of arts science and commerce
- First Coach and Academy name: Manish More sir of Vengsarkar cricket academy Churchgate, oval ground.
- Current Cricket Academy: Sanjeevani Cricket Academy (under Manish Bangera) and BKC (MCA)
- Highest level of Coaching Received so far: Zonal Cricket academy (West Zone u-19) taken by Former Indian Test Cricketers Sairaj bhautule and Karsan Gavri sir; Pravin Amre sir when I played for Air India
- Name of the Current Club: Cricket Club of India (CCI)
- Teams & Clubs represented/played for so far (at any level): Mumbai State at all age groups, currently U-25(both one-days and multi-days), Air India- was the captain in A-division Times Shield in 2022 season, Captain of Mumbai University, Captain of West Zone University, Captain of All India University team, attended BCCI Specialized camp, played for Shivaji Park Lions in MPL, currently playing company Cricket for Central Railways and Club Cricket for CCI.
- Highest Professional Tournament Played so far: BCCI Col CK Nayadu Trophy, BCCI Cooch Behar Trophy, T20 Mumbai MPL
To represent Mumbai once in a lifetime is a big achievement for many but representing Mumbai across all age groups is an altogether different level of success which Rudra Dhanday holds. One of the most devastating top order batters in Mumbai’s Cricketing Circuit, Rudra is currently a part of the Mumbai U25 Team and he holds the distinction of playing for Mumbai for almost all junior age groups.
Rudra Dhanday is currently preparing for Mumbai U25 while his eyes are all set on making his Ranji Trophy Debut for Mumbai followed by hitting the International Circuit. Rudra started playing cricket at the age of 5 beginning his journey under the Coaching of Manish More Sir at Vengsarkar Academy, Churchgate. His appetite to convert starts into hundreds, his solid technique and aggressive mindset ensured he rose through the ranks quickly performing well in School Tournaments while making his Club Cricket Debut at the age of just 15.
Rudra’s talent with the bat ensured he also made his A Division Debut at the age of 17 representing Karnatak Sporting Association for whom he played for 6 years. In his top division journey of last 8 years, Rudra has scored match winning centuries in almost all MCA Tournaments right from the very difficult to bat A Div Kanga League, Times Shield, Police Shield, Shalini Bhalekar Trophy to name a few.
Since his A Div Debut, there has been no looking back for this right-handed batter as he went on to play Mumbai U16, U19, U23 and currently a part of Mumbai U25 setup. Rudra boasts of having played in BCCI Tournaments like Cooch Behar, Vinoo Mankad and Col CK Nayadu Trophy where he has given impactful performances. Rudra is also one of the very few players in Mumbai Cricket to have centuries in all the 3 formats including double hundreds in T20’s and One Days. Rudra also holds the record of being the only one to score a double hundred in T20’s scoring 200 off 67 balls for Rizvi College in Abis Rizvi Champions Trophy where he plonked 15 massive sixes to register the fastest double hundred in T20’s in Mumbai & probably across India. Rudra currently plays for the iconic Cricket Club of India while he has also led teams like Air India in Times Shield, Mumbai University Team & All India University Team as the frontline skipper.
Rudra who has also attended specialized BCCI Specialized Camp has received coaching from the likes of Pravin Amre, Sairaj Bahutule & Karsan Ghavri who all have represented India in Tests & hailed as one of the Top Coaches of India. Rudra also made his T20 Mumbai Debut for Shivaji Park Lions in 2019 & aims to break into the IPL Circuit in the coming seasons.
Rudra shared with Zoomcricket.in – My goal is to keep improving and maturing as a cricketer, to keep my performance graph going upwards and bettering my previous performances and break through to the International Circuit as soon as I possibly can. So currently as it’s the off season I’m having skill practice 3 times a week in an indoor facility and I’m running every morning and doing strength training 3-4 times a week
Crucial Stats: (Across all formats since the beginning of time)
- 50’s- 109
- 100’s – 50
- 200’s- 2
- Highest Score – 204
- Fifers – 6
- BBI – 6/11 in 8 overs vs Amre CC in Jana Kore Chashak played at Shivaji Park in 2016
Highest Individual Scores:
- T20’s – 200* off 67 balls for Rizvi College in Abis Rizvi Champions Trophy’18
- One Days – 204 off 193 balls for MCA Colts in Police Shield Tournament’18
- Multi Day/Tests – 189 in A Division Multi Days Match in Hyderabad’19
- 200 off 67 balls for Rizvi College in Abis Rizvi Champions Trophy’18
- 204 off 193 balls for MCA Colts in Police Shield Tournament’18
- 189 in Multi Days in Division A Match in Hyderabad’19
- 169 for Dilip Vengsarkar XI in MCA U25 Shalini Bhalekar Trophy’19
- 167 in 204 balls in Col CK Nayudu Trophy against saurashtra at Wankhede in Season 2018-19
- 156* for Mumbai University in All India Inter University Tournament’19 (was also the highest run scorer in the tournament)
- 133 off 144 balls for Air India Sports Club vs DY Patil in A Div Times Shield’22
- 130 off 80 balls for Mumbai University in East Zone Inter University Tournament’19
- 126 off 144 balls vs Parkophene Cricketers in A Division Police Shield’19
- 123 off 106 balls vs PJ Hindu Gymkhana in A Division Police Shield’21
- 120* off 139 balls for Karnatak Sporting Association in A Div Kanga League’18
- 128 in the Cooch Behar trophy finals against U.P
- 110 off 133 balls for Dilip Vengsarkar XI in MCA U25 Shalini Bhalekar Trophy’22
- 76 for Mumbai vs Karnataka in Quarter-finals of U25 One Day Tournament’16