- DOB: 09/11/1998
- City: Mumbai
- School & College Name: Don Bosco High School & Rizvi College, Mumbai
- First Coach and Academy name: Sanjay Khamkar , Matunga Gymkhana
- Current Cricket Academy: M.I.G Cricket Club
- Highest level of Coaching Recieved: In Vizzy trophy from Atul Bedade Sir
- Name of the Current Club: M.I.G cricket Club (A Top Division)
- Teams & Clubs represented/played for so far (at any level): Matunga Gymkhana, Parel Sporting Club (B Division) , M.I.G cricket club (A division), Tata Sports club (Times Shield ‘A’ Division)
- Highest Professional Tournament Played so far: U25 Col CK Nayadu Trophy, Vizzy Trophy & T20 Mumbai (MPL) representing Sobo Supersonics Team
Harsh Tanna is a Left Arm Fast Bowler from Mumbai who currently represents Top Division MIG Cricket Club in Mumbai. Harsh who is currently 24yrs old made his professional cricket debut at the age of 18 while he started playing cricket at an early age of 10. Nothing comes easy and Harsh is also a product of those examples where he left engineering midway to pursue his dream – i.e Cricket. Harsh is a synonym of many aspiring cricketers who sacrifice many things on the way for their pursuit towards attaining success in Cricket.
Whether you talk about Mitchell Johnson or Zaheer Khan, there is something about left arm fast bowlers which makes them so elegant & beautiful to watch on the field! Such is the case with Harsh as well who boasts of a smooth bowling action with consistent focus on bowling at tight line and lengths.
Harsh started his journey under Coach Sanjay Khamkar at Matunga Gymkhana and since then he has went on to receive state level training in Vizzy Trophy under Former Indian Cricketer Atul Bedade. Over the years, Harsh has performed consistently across all Major MCA Tournaments like Police Shield, Purshottam Shield to name a few while he has showed equal promise in Marque Corporate tournaments like Times Shield as well. Infact, Harsh boasts of having fifers in almost all major top division tournaments like Purshottam Shield, Times Shield and Police Shield.
Harsh was also picked up by Sobo Supersonics Team in T20 Mumbai in 2019 which is one of the biggest T20 Tournaments of Mumbai Cricket. T20 Mumbai is approved & organized by Mumbai Cricket Association and streamed live nationally on Hotstar. Harsh who can consistently touch 125-130+ with the ball relies on consistent short of good length & yorkers as his stock deliveries while inswing bowling is his strength cleaning up many batters through their gate.
Harsh’s further breakthrough arrived in the 2022 season when he played U25 Col CK Nayadu Trophy representing Mumbai Team. Harsh was impressive throughout the tournament with his best coming against Delhi where he took 4/69 with 4 maidens.
At present Harsh is training under Gaurav Chavan where he undergoes 4-5 training sessions a week. Harsh who idolizes Zaheer Khan & Mitchell Johnson shared with Zoomcricket – I left engineering midway to pursue the sport professionally. Amit Dani sir spotted my talent and he’s the one who gave me an opportunity to play A Division cricket from MIG despite me having no experience. I had made small goals for myself but ofcourse the ultimate goal is to play for the Country. Right now the immediate goal is to play Ranji trophy and then take a step forward. I am working hard on my fitness as well as on my bowling and i am hopeful for an exciting season ahead.
- 6/29 in 13 overs with 6 maidens representing MIG vs Dadar Union in Purshottam Shield’22
- 5/38 in 13 overs with 4 maidens representing Tata Sports Club vs Bank of Baroda in Finals of Times Shield’22
- 5/41 in 16 overs with 4 maidens representing Space CC vs Future Group in Times Shield’19
- 5/70 in 11 overs representing MIG vs National CC in Police Shield’21
- 4/16 vs Delhi in 22 overs with 4 maidens in U25 Col CK Nayadu Trophy’23
- 4/26 in 10 overs with a maiden in West Zone Match’19
- 3/34 for MIG Cricket Club vs Bombay Gymkhana in Police Shield’19
- 3/80 in 19 overs with 5 maidens for MIG vs Parkophene Cricketers in the finals of Police Shield’19
- 3/25 vs representing Mumbai University vs Vidarbha’19
- 3/31 in 7 overs with 1 maiden representing Mumbai University vs Kolhapur’19
- 2/48 in 15 overs with 4 maidens representing Tata Sports Club vs Income Tax in Corporate Trophy finals’22
- 5wkt hauls: 4
- Best Bowling Figures: 6/29 in 13 overs with 6 maidens vs Dadar Union in finals of Purshottam Shield
- Best Bowling Figures across all formats:
- T20’s: 4-1-12-2
- One Days: 8-1-21-3
- Multi-Days: 13-6-29-6