– DOB: 18.03.2008
– Place of Birth: Hyderabad
– Attribute: Right handed Batsman and Right Arm Leg Spinner
– Age at which started playing cricket: 9
– Academy name: Sanath Nagar Cricket Academy
– Coaches: Ashwin Vijay & Raj Kiran sir
– Teams Represented so far: U12 Sanath Nagar Academy, U14 Little Scholar Team, Gun Rocks XI, Vijay CC, CK Blues
Statistics: (All formats combined at Club/Academy, Local, School levels)
- Matches: 160
- Innings: 156
- 50’s: 46
- 100’s: 11
- Runs: 6524
- Average: 55.76
- Best: 155*
- Strike Rate: 95.90
- Not-Outs: 39
- Fours: 850
- Sixes: 13
- Wickets: 146
- BBI: 5/18
- Man of the Match Awards: 31
– 139 off 76 balls (25 fours & 4 sixes) alongwith 3 wickets vs U12 Champions Factory Team representing Sanath Nagar Cricket Academy Team
in SCA Under 14 Tournament’19
– 127 off 73 balls (19 fours) against SCA in SCA Under 14 Tournament’20
– 114* off 68 balls (21 fours) vs InSports Academy representing Sanath Nagar Cricket Academy Team in SCA Under 14 Tournament’19
– 108 off 83 balls (18 fours) vs Kalyan Cricket Academy representing Sanath Nagar Cricket Academy Team in DonBosco Christmas Cup Tournament’19
– 103 off 88 balls (18 fours) against SCA Seniors representing Sanath Nagar Cricket Academy in SCA Under 14 Tournament’18
– 102 off 84 balls (16 fours & 1 six) alongwith 2 wickets vs St.Johns Academy representing Sanath Nagar Cricket Academy Team in SCA Under 14 Tournament’19
– 97 off 52 balls (13 fours & 2 sixes) vs Sanath Nagar Academy representing U14 Little Scholars School in SCA Under 14 Tournament’19
– 93 off 63 balls (13 fours, 1 six) alongwith 2 wickets vs Legala Academy representing U14 Little Scholars School in DonBosco Christmas Cup Tournament’19
– 83 off 49 balls (13 fours, 1 six) vs Patricks School representing U14 Little Scholars School in SCA Under 14 Tournament’19
– 5/18 in 4.1 overs against SCA in SCA under 14 Tournament’19
Cricket is a competitive sport and especially in a country like India where there are 80 lakh+ aspiring cricketers every year across various states and age groups fighting hard to make it into the playing XI of their state teams followed by their ultimate dream of representing India.
It’s quite implied that to make a career in cricket, one has to begin from a very young age. More than beginning from a very young age, it’s important that a player is naturally inclined and enjoying the process of playing this sport. One such young player who is silently rising through the ranks is Aryan Reddy from Hyderabad.
Aryan who is all but 12 yrs old now started playing cricket from the age of 9. Aryan’s cricketing genes certainly comes from his father who is not only a passionate cricket buff but also a former cricketer himself who played till university level during his younger days. Aryan’s father recollects playing for his college team RV College of Engineering which had the likes of Anil Kumble, Prabhakar, Prasad as his seniors.
Talking about Aryan, the youngster keeps grinding hard whether it means practicing on the ground, at his academy or even at his home. Just like how riyaz is for a singer, nets practice is for a cricketer & Aryan ensures to practice hard from his home even during lockdown. Aryan practices at Sanath Nagar Cricket Academy under coaches Ashwin Vijay and Raj Kiran sir.
Though it would be unfair to hype or praise the youngster at such a young age because it adds unnecessary pressure on him and people associated with him, but it’s certainly commendable to see his graph only rising up since the time he has started playing cricket. Aryan is working hard to make it into the Hyderabad U14 team while currently represents his school team (Little Scholar School) in various U14 matches organized by Hyderabad Cricket Association.
In his short yet sweet career so far, Aryan averages a stunning 65.05 with a best score of 139 representing U12 Sanath Nagar Cricket Academy Team. High batlift, precise footwork and impeccable timing are some of the attributes you will come across whenever you watch him bat in the matches & that’s what makes him a prodigy to watchout for. Being an opener, Aryan likes to play pacers, his favorite shots are cover drive, straight drive, pull shot, slog sweeps and late cuts. Being a typical hyderabadi, you can also notice some delicate cuts and glances with nimble footwork vs the spinners!
Aryan is a naturally aggressive player & he has maintained a very healthy strike with all his hundreds coming at a brisk strike rate of 100+. Infact, his career strike rate so far remains consistent at 101.50. Giving good starts at the top of the order and attacking the bowlers on merit makes him an ideal top order batsman while he also chips in with the ball whenever his team requires his bowling services. 69 wickets in 82 matches with best bowling figures of 5/18 speaks a lot about his handy leg spinners making him a vital cog in any playing XI.
Here’s wishing Aryan a great career ahead filled with exciting journey, experiences and milestones.